Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chirp

An annoying sound at 3:30 in the morning. Enough to wake me up, but not distrubing enough for me to do anything about it. The smoke detector on the the second floor was telling us it was time for a new battery. By 7:00 the chirp had become more frequent and had moved near the top of my To Do list for today, right behind making a fresh pot of coffee.

As I entered the kitchen I could hear the computer in my office periodically making the 'alert' sound. So after the the coffee was started I sat down to see what was going on there. KPABARTO2 wasn't sending reliable data. Looks like the outdoor temperature sensor needs a new battery.  Wind chill is minus 8, that one can wait.

I like these devices that tell you when the battery is about to fail.  The remote on the TV does that now. A battery low warning comes up on the TV whenever you change channels. Unlike my mouse, which simply stops working. That is frustrating.

My batteries are a bit low now as well. Holidays are over and all I can see in front of me is the long, cold, slog through January and February. Unfortunately, the weather station recorded my coldest day in March last year. Three more months of cold. sigh.

The coffee is ready.

No comments: